Liverpool Old Hebrew Congregation
(popularly known as Princes Road Synagogue)
Address: Princes Road, Liverpool L8 1TG
(Synagogue consecrated 1874, reconstructed 1952)
Current Status: Active
Date Founded: Congregation formed in about 1780. By 1806, the congregation had acquired the synagogue in Seel Street (on land received as a gift from the Liverpool municipality). The Seel Street synagogue was the parent synagogue to that in Prince’s Street. In 1840, the congregation split into two but was reunited after a short while.
Ritual: Orthodox – Ashkenazi
Liverpool Old Hebrew Congregation,
Tel: 0151-709 3431
Deane Road Cemetery
LOHC is also responsible for the Victorian Jewish cemetery in Deane Road. It was active between 1837-1929 and many eminent Jews are buried there. Recently renovated with a large grant from English Heritage, it is open for tours.