On Sunday 13th May 2012 Leamington Road Synagogue held its last service.
Its congregation has merged with St Annes Hebrew Congregation, further south along the coast.
Blackpool United Hebrew Congregation was founded in about 1907 with the merger of Blackpool Hebrew Congregation which had been founded in 1898 and Blackpool New Orthodox Hebrew Congregation (founded in 1905). The synagogue was originally located in Springfield Road, North Shore. The current synagogue in Leamington Road was consecrated in 1916.
Periodic updates of news and events continue to be posted on the Blackpool United Hebrew Congregation web site…